Sunday, May 16, 2010

No to Apathy, Yes to Passion


Just heard this powerful message at E91 and I can't help but feel this sense of urgency that Jesus died on the cross and gave me an anointing. I can't help thinking "what am I doing about it?" because this could be the last hour.

We are doing a series on the letters from John to the church in 1 John and today Daron gave this message on 1 john 2:18-27 about the coming of the antichrist.

I don't know about you but one of my hinderances to living out the Gospel is apathy (the absence of emotion or enthusiasm) . And when I step back and look at apathy it is a scary dangerous thing to carry. Apathy is opposing what God is doing. We swim in a culture that is opposed to living a life that God created for us to live. When we take a look at the lives of the disciples you get a glimpse of people that understood the affection and the love of God and were laying down their lives to expand His kingdom. I dont know about you, but I want to lose apathy and gain His passion.

and when I heard that message I got total heart change.

Anyways just thought I would share how God continues to awaken me.

Check out the message at http://e91podcasting.org/ Love, John 6

Learn from Jesus. Love in Community. Live out the gospel

"26I am writing these things to you about those who are trying to lead you astray. 27As for you, the anointing you received from him remains in you, and you do not need anyone to teach you. But as his anointing teaches you about all things and as that anointing is real, not counterfeit—just as it has taught you, remain in him." 1 John 2:26-27


No comments:

Post a Comment