Saturday, August 29, 2009

Every Little Girls' Worst Nightmare


So after spending sometime at the mall telling people about religious suckers ( take the quiz http://religioussucker.com/ ) I retreated to a nearby retail store called Ross. I went to the dress section and as I was looking for cute summer dress, I came upon a wedding dress, but this wasn't any wedding dress, no, it was the wedding dress that I had dreamed of since I was a little girl and there it was on a sale in a retail store. Don't worry, I'm not a crazy. I am aware that I am single and far from holy matrimony, but this was the dress of my wildest dreams. So of course I took it to the dressing room to try that bad boy on. I had a little trouble getting the dress over my shoulders because there was no zipper up the side and I had to force the dress over my shoulders. Everything fit beautifully. As I looked at myself in the mirror my heart leaped for joy for the special day that I would actually get to wear a wedding dress down an isle.
 As I came back to reality, I realized that I had to hurry up and purchase my other clothes before my friends came to pick me up. As I attempted to pull the dress over my shoulders, the dress would not budge. I tried again and again before realizing that if I pulled any harder I would ripe the delicate fabric. I started t freak out. I was freakin' trapped in the dress of my dreams. The more I squirmed the tighter the dress got. The room started to get smaller and I started to sweat. I contemeplated getting that dress off by what ever means necessary, but couldn't force myself to tear the beautiful fabric. I had gotten myself into a mess that I could not get myself out of...alone. I decided to enlist the help of an outsider; I stepped outside my dressing and found the first available lady. I invited her back into my dressing room and she forcefully pulled the dress over my head. Embarassed and a little claustrophobic I emerged from that dress severely jaded.

What does that mean when a girl finds her dream wedding dress and gets trapped in it. Lesson learned; don't try on a wedding dress when you aren't getting married....fair enough.

I know it's embarrassing, but my embarrassment could be someone else's treasure..... 

No comments:

Post a Comment