Monday, June 29, 2009

The Chronicles of JB


I never thought that my life among the jellies and the bellies would be so interesting, but the crazies really do come out to play at the jelly Belly factory. Let me set the scene in Fairfield , CA. Small town with a reputation of being home of the Jelly belly factory. We have so many tours come in filled with people from around the world. At the beginning of the tour, we have our guests line up to take a pictures with a stuffed Jelly Belly. Some people for whatever reason don’t want to take a picture (it usually comes down to the price $22!)

 

I had this one lady with a stroller standing in line that asked me how much it cost to buy the picture and I said, “it is free to take the picture, but it is $22 to buy the picture.” She responded by saying, “oh I need to take a picture of this beautiful black baby.” And I thought to myself well that was an interesting response but I mean the lady was African American and maybe she just was really excited about her beautiful black baby and so I went back to doing some other work . As she is reaching the front of the line she says again “I need to take a picture of this beautiful black baby”. So at this point, I am like what is up with this lady, I thought maybe she needed to remind herself about how 

beautiful her baby is because she keeps going on and on about her beautiful black baby.  So I’m like what the heck is the deal with this baby. I look in the stroller and there is this little white baby and  I look at the lady and then back at the baby . Then everything comes full circle that this lady is just straight crazy.

 

The other day I was a selling photo to a lady and after putting her photo in a bag I said “that will be $22”, then she proceeded to reach into her bra and pull out a stack of hundreds and handed me the money. I put on fakest smile ever and thanked her for her purchase. I don’t even wanna know.

 

Just today I had an old creepy man who asked me and my co-worker if he could take a picture of us for his collection. One of my co-workers was like “why would he want a picture of us”, and Ruby said “I can think of multiple reasons and none of them are good ones.”

 

Beyond all of  that, we try to take the best possible pictures of families but no matter how well you shot, you are going to have family pictures that just come out straight awkward, like a few of these examples I have provided.

 

Enjoy my friends…


Yosemite coming soon.....



No comments:

Post a Comment